A   A   A  
You are not logged in. Log in | Register

The Carers Centre

Benefit Guides

Attendance Allowance

Bereavement Allowance

Bereavement Support Payments

Carers Allowance

Child Benefit

Child Tax Credit

Council Tax Benefit

Disability Living Allowance

Employment Support Allowance

Employment Support for Youths

Guardians Allowance

Housing Benefit

Incapacity Benefit For Youths

Income Support

Industrial Injuries Benefit (Accident)

Industrial Injuries Benefit (Diseases and Deafness)

Jobseekers Allowance

Maternity Allowance

Pension Credit

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Retirement Pension

Severe Disablement Allowance

Social Fund

Statutory Adoption Pay

Statutory Maternity Pay

Statutory Paternity Pay

Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)

Sure Start Maternity Grant

Universal Credit

War Disablement Allowance

War Widows Pension

Widows Benefits

Working Tax Credits

Benefits Guides

You are here: Benefits Guides  |  Industrial Injuries Benefit (Accident)

Industrial Injuries Benefit (Accident)

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit is for people who are disabled as a result of an accident at work. You may also be able to get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit if you are disabled by a disease or deafness caused by a job you have done.

You may claim it if you are disabled because of an accident at work.

You cannot get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit if you were self-employed when the accident happened.

The amount you can get depends on how serious your disability is.

The accident must have happened as a result of your work and it must usually have happened in G.B.

You may need you to have a medical examination. The doctor will give advice about:

how serious your disability is;

how long they expect your disability to last.

If you get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, need daily care and attention and your disablement is assessed as 100 per cent, you may get Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA). This is paid at four rates.

If you get Exceptional or Intermediate rate CAA and you need permanent constant care and attention, you may also get Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance.

You are entitled to:

(Only use the amounts shown as a guide)

Weekly amounts:

Disablement Allowance

Disablement aged over 18.

100% = £166

90%  = £149.40

80% = £132.80

70% = £116.20

60% = £99.60

50% = £83

40%  = £66.40

30%  = £49.80

20% = £33.20

Pensions for pneumoconiosis, byssinosis and mesothelioma assessment:

1% to 10% = £22.20

11% to 19% = £33.20

Industrial Death Benefit

(This may be paid to the wife or husband of someone who died before 11 April 1988 due to an industrial disease. )

Constant Attendance Allowance

Exceptional rate = £132.80

Intermediate rate = £99.60

Normal maximum rate = £66.40

Part-time rate = £33.20

If you are claiming Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit because of an accident, claim after you have been disabled because of the accident for two months. Contact your social security office for a claim form.

Members Area

You are not logged in. Log in or register to access these areas.

Carers Message Board
Live Chat Services
Benefits Calculator
Training Area
Latest Carer News
Useful Links

Log in or register to view this content.

Log in or register to view this content.
Make Carers Centre your homepage
Add to Bookmarks/Favourites
Tell a friend about this page

Carers' Stories

Case studies and people helped throughout the UK.