Clyde & Fife Benefit Centre

Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance & Attendance Allowance, Carer's Allowance etc.
Forum rules
If you've found this information useful, we'd appreciate it if you could make a donation to Welfare Rights at our JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/dumfrieswelfarerights

Clyde & Fife Benefit Centre

Postby matwalgromski » 06 Aug 2011, 16:13

I recently received my notification of benefits change to ESA.

The first thing I noted was that they are expecting people with a disability to move into work .......regardless according to their wording on this letter. This implies they have already decided that you are ripe for their programme to be put back to work. It seems to me that this ESA benefit is not there to help support you and your illnes like SDA or incapacity benefit etc but a replacement benefit for income support which suggests you are fit and capable for work regardless. ("helps people with an illness or disability move into work and provides the support they need") (The Govt wants everyone who has an illness or disability to have this opportunity)It would appear that this ESA isn't the same as SDA etc as it seems to imply they expect you to take some form of work regardless? is this true?

The next thing I noticed is that they expect to you to confirm your indentity over the phone? This seems a strange way to confirm anyones personal details talking to a person whom you have no idea who you are communicating with? No one has signed the letter as it must be a standard automated communication sent to everyone which makes it too impersonal.

The problem I have is that they expect you to phone them back within seven days. I dont own a phone and there isnt even a public phone within a mile of where I live (and I wouldn't be able to reach it anyway) so how am I expected to contact them? I am not sure sending them a note to explain this will do any good as they didnt supply a name to contact. So what do you do in this situation? I need an urgent reply as to what to do about this as there doesn't seem to be any other way of communicating with them and they apparently are expecting you to do this?

Why do they need to speak to you over the phone to confirm your indentity this seems extemely unusual? They must be looking for something else other than that surely? Has anybody else had to do this and if so what exactly do they ask you?

Govt institutions know exactly who you are and where you are through ER, tax returns, benefits, driving lisence pass port even your telephone records as BT supply and use the details stored about their customers and supply/sell this information to others. DWP ask for your bank account details not because it is the most convient way to pay benefit but to confirm through your bank your identity & address etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the TV license details are used for this purpose as well. Companies such as utilities are now only supplying tariffs using direct debit this is used not because it is more convient way to pay but by paying by direct debit or even credit card the banks supply and confirm your details as to who you are and where you are. Convience is the excuse used to dupe the unwary and the utter lazy.

The next thing is what exactly is the Clyde & Fife Benefit Centre and why is it in Glasgow? I don't live anywhere near there. Has anyone else had a communication from this place is it even genuine? Is the office in Glasgow dealing with all claiments in Scotland? Why has the letter been sent from Belfast originaly?

It goes on in detail about Work Capability Assessments which only implies they are expecting you to return to work.

It also states that a Health Care Professional will under take the assessment if you are required to do so. This seems a very vague job description of the person who will be testing you. It doesnt matter what Chris Grayling or Dr Bill Gunnyeon want to disguise what this process is it is a TEST no matter how they word it, on your physical capabilities and ability to work.

Has anyone underwent this process and can you explain what happened from the beginning to the end.

The other point I meant to mention was that the the DWP must categories people into 3 main levels where they have already pigeoned holed you into a level where they decide the level of illness/disability. This must judge who is to be selected as we still have 3yrs to the complete change over to ESA.

It would appear that I was right when I last posted awhile back when these changes were being proposed, that what I said was going to happen and it has.

What is a Limited Capability Assessment Questionnaire? Does everyone get this to complete? Anybody got a copy of this or know where I can view it?
Last edited by matwalgromski on 06 Sep 2011, 22:34, edited 3 times in total.
matwalgromski

Re: Clyde & Fife Benefit Centre

Postby admin » 07 Aug 2011, 20:39

Good guide and questions here

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employ ... a-medicals

I seem to rememebr that most benefit agency 0800 numbers are now free from mobiles as well as normal phones, what ever you do don't ignore the letter or they may well just send you an appointm,ent to attend a medical.

There are two groups for people who score the required 15 points in the ESA medical, the work related group means you can attend the Jobcentre to look for and possibly do some work with help and support and the support group who are not required to look for any work unless they wish to.

About 68% are not passing this strict test at the medical stage.
admin
Site Admin

Postby matwalgromski » 11 Aug 2011, 15:29

I think you misunderstood me. When I said I don't own a phone I mean I do not own a phone of any kind. I've sent a note explaining this but will they understand what am saying as I obviously didn't make myself clear enough on the above post.

The reply was a bit vague didnt really answer anything I was looking for. So I asked about and got a few replies but am abit confused about it all so maybe you can correct what I understand to be the situation.

Clyde & Fife Benefit Centre: have you ever heard of this office and are they arranging the reassessment of IB claiments for Scotland.

My understanding of the situation then is if you fail to score 15 points on the LCW you don't qualify for ESA. The majority of people who do qualify for ESA will be put onto something called a work reated activity group and required to attend work focuss groups? This will probably be the outcome for most people who receive IB as this questionnire is designed to remove the incapacitated, ill and those as having a medical chronic condition into a healthy catagory. Only those with a terminal illness etc ( excempt catagory) will be excluded from this. We will all be considered perfectly healthy, no illness/chronic conditions will not exist most conditions will have been miraculously eradicated, we will all be extremely healthy human beings until we die.

It would appear that a medical examination is the next compulsary stage after you complete the questionairre regardless and only those with the severe illness in the exempt catagory will be excluded from the medical, which very few people will qualify within this catagory it is this true?

If this questionnare is only supposed to affect those benefits that are being fased out ie IB, IS and SDA what happens if you are on DLA? Surely this test will affect this benefit aswell? You couldnt be on DLA if they have assessed you as capable of work and what happens if you do qualify for ESA but are put into the work related group do you still get DLA until your reassessed for that?

It would appear that this LCW questionarre is very similar to the DLA form but different wording is that so also it will I assume be more difficult to pass? Where can you see a copy of this?

On the subject of the work related activity group if you are required to attend this how long are they expecting you to partipate in this................until someone employs you?

These health professionals who are supposed to be carrying out the medical test (ie rejects who are unable to get a proper job within the NHS hospitals or GP surgery Drs, Nurses, physio & OT) These people are supposed to use software designed on evidence based medical practice ( an other vague term to justify this process) how can that possible work? Not everybody has the same ie symptoms, reaction, severity of condition this seems to be pigeon hole everyone into one catagory or level of illness and assums that all will start out with the same baseline based on this software's baseline. ( when they do these tests at ur medical the 1st time u r tested this is ur baseline. Further tests or repeated tests then give a more accurate picture of your condition not just one test on a particular day at aparticular time.This seems to me to defeat the claim that it is evidenced based as it will asume there will be no difference in each individuals condition nor will it start from a base line based on a particular individual? Not only will this give a result for a particular day or even a time but if the individuals condition can vary so you may be unlucky at the time these tests were performed and the true nature of your condition may not be evident at that particular day/time. How many people have they based the results of this programme on as there are billions of people in the world all with different reactions possible to these tests? So what software programme are they using what is it called?

Before any of this has started surely the DWP will have asked your GP/consultant for a medical report on the current situation of your condition?

So what is a work focussed group?

What we do in life echoes in eternity
Last edited by matwalgromski on 06 Sep 2011, 15:13, edited 2 times in total.
matwalgromski

Postby admin » 16 Aug 2011, 10:21

Questionaire here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 195544.pdf

Make no mistake people who are terminal are still getting the ESA50 medical form sent to fill in, unless someone steps in and says they are exempt they will fill it in and return it.

We have seen many cases where the ESA50 and the Health care assessor information has been passed to DLA and DLA has been reduced or stopped.

Clearly the Con-Dem party are targetting the ill, disabled and vulnerable (Rather than the bankers) as they are an easy target and stopping and removing benefits from the very poorest in our society.

The clyde and fife benefit delivery centre is the main contact centre for Glasgow and some parts of Scotlands benefit claimants, we are in Dumfries in Scotland but we have to use Kilmarnock for this.
admin
Site Admin

Postby matwalgromski » 30 Aug 2011, 13:22

Did not get a reply from this Clyde & Fife Benefit Centre re unable to phone them. No acknowledgement of my letter to them and still no name to use to contact directly.So no information of the changes received. Looks as if telephoning them wasn't so urgent after all (they asked for a telephone reply within a week). Atos have just went ahead and sent the LCforWQ. They r based in Nottingham?

This seems to imply that there is some alternative ;) motive for C&FBC asking u to to contact them to give/supply ur personal details over the phone? has anyone done this? What did they ask? It would seem to me that this is used in itself as a test to see ur communication skills verbal, written and a test for ur understanding of other people ie hearing and reading. (might be getting a tad paranoid but the whole thing just seems too suspicious for me)

Do these Atos people have access to ur previous forms ie for IB & DLA? Am asking this because they seem to be writing to u as if they have absalutely no knowledge about you what so ever ie ur condition problems etc.

A further thought occurs to me if these Atos #### put you in the catagory fit for work or help back to work catagory what is the point of continueing ur treatment and hospital appointments re ur condition? If they say ur healthy you have no reason to continue ur treatment as it just will be irrelevent and have no point.
Last edited by matwalgromski on 06 Sep 2011, 22:19, edited 2 times in total.
matwalgromski

Postby matwalgromski » 02 Nov 2011, 01:15

It would appear that this assessment/test has been developed to see if u are capable of taking a job within a call centre ie emphasis on ur capabilities on hearing/ability to use phone/lenght of time u can sit/sight /type and communication skills. I just wonder if this is the idealistic perfect job for all those winging do gooder disability activists who are always going on about how they want to get into the capitilist work place??????????

I also wonder why the emphasis on ur ability to be able to walk up just TWO steps what is the significance of just two steps???????????????? does old Billy G only ever walk up two steps where he works? Is this the minimum amount of steps people with a disability are required to be able to complete to be legally recognised as not having mobility problems????????????

This assessment/test is so one sided and does not take into account factors of the applicants individual condition that it is no wonder people fail not only because of the strict criteria to get points but the wording and questioning of this test has been deliberetly written as to confuse and mislead the applicant that I am not surprised so many people fail to gain the necessary points to get access to the benefit and the amount of appeals that then have to submitted.This test pigeon holes everyone as the same and therefore individual conditions /circumstances are just totally ignored.

Only employers who are looking for cheap labour and to exploit people with a disability would even consider this and the fact the companies are forced not to discriminate in fear of being taken to court that and the fact CO are forced to have a % of disabled people employed where possible to ensure the capitalists are seen not to discriminate those with a disability and are seen to be non discriminating as to who they can exploit.

All those fat greedy bankers must be laughing all the way to the bank (literally) that again that the poorest and most vulnerable of society are being victimised to pay for the billions they received to keep them in a job, while thousands of public workers loose theirs and benefits are slashed to help pay for the mess they created. How long will it take this country to pay back the billions it had to borrow to cover the billions they lost. It will not be long before soup kitchens are the norm in this country as it is in America and where we will eventually have no welfare for anybody. It will not be long now before the middleclass in England realise that they too will have no jobs to go to and there will be no safety net to catch them in their hour of need because they voted to get rid of it.
matwalgromski

Postby matwalgromski » 02 Nov 2011, 01:38

What I find really disconcerting about posting this notice is that there have been 254 views of this particular topic and I made a request for some information on guidance and information and not one person has bothered to reply to the questions or to give any support. Have the people really become so placid that no one has a view or opion on anything anymore that everything is just accepted as it is? No wonder this country is is in such a state politically and economically. It appears to me then that for some reason information re the questionaire is a secret and nobody wants to give a direct answer/information about this form? Anybody feel the same?
matwalgromski

Postby admin » 06 Nov 2011, 21:50

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 11 Nov 2011, 13:21

admin
Site Admin

Return to Incapacity / Disability